Home is where the heart is.
While school-linked oral health services are an important element of improving the oral health of children, another critical component is connecting kids with a more permanent “dental home” for follow-up and ongoing care. A “dental home” is defined as an ongoing relationship between the dental provider and the patient, inclusive of all aspects of oral health care delivered in a comprehensive, continuously accessible, coordinated, and family-centered way. Children should start receiving care in a “dental home” by the age of one year.
- Insure Kids Now has a search function to locate dentists in the state.
- The American Dental Association has “Find a Dentist” on its website. This is a good place to start to find providers. Search by city, zip code, specialty, and language.
- The Colorado Dental Association has a link to low-cost dental resources.
- Contact the Colorado Dental Hygienists Association to find out more about hygiene providers in the state.
- Visit Oral Health Colorado for information about oral health advocacy and networking.